Frantic Assembly are a theatre stylist group who perform theatre through the use of mainly symbolic movements that represent or show a metaphoric meaning to a specific scene or line within it.
"THE VIBRANT AND VISCERAL FRANTIC ASSEMBLY" THE INDEPENDENT
My chosen song choice "Fitzpleasure" the lyrics of the song don't have a straight narrative to them. Instead it is a structure and conjunction of words that combine and form together to create almost like a trance. I think that if I incorporate movements and dances based around the style of Frantic Assembly I'll be able to present this dream and trance like feel from the song.
The video above is of an amateur couple who have also took inspiration from Frantic Assembly. Typically Frantic Assembly don't use props or very little amount. In my video I wouldn't be using props but this video shows how I would like my actors to move. E.g. Moving each other and using one another for support or control. The bleak faces will be appropriate for my video as well as I want my actors not show very little if not any emotion in their face. But only through their movements.
The actors often change the rhythm, I would like to take inspiration from this. So in my music video I will have moments where the shots will be show a sudden change of rhythm of the actors movements.
No comments:
Post a Comment